Most Viewed

Flaws

In The Name Of Allah, The Most Beneficent, The Most Merciful.

Few days ago I took a walk in the park, strolling while waiting for a friend. We then talked and talked; and one of the topic caught my attention.

What do you do when someone address your flaws in public? Even when they're joking.

"Sabar? Or tell them, how could they - but in a joking tone although you meant it" haha. I have to admit, it wasn't the best advice ever. I myself am wondering what can I do about it.

Listen, everyone has flaws. It's unnecessary to point things out.

Over the years, I was someone who likes to criticise things with the intention of getting them to be better. Then I realised, and learnt that appreciating someone's effort (even when they do not meet your standard) is much better than openly criticise their work. It gets them going in spirit rather than feeling down by the criticism given.

Let's bring someone up instead of bringing them down. That's what being a murabbi about. I'm currently reading of how to be a murabbi. It's hard but it's not impossible. I'm trying my best to be a good murabbi even when I feel that there's no murabbi for me. I have to be a murabbi to myself. Guide and advice myself. The struggle is real.

One a side note, whenever I'm feeling the struggle, I'm glad to know that the struggle exists, because without struggle the dakwah is not real!

No comments: