Most Viewed

Aurat

First of all, I'd like to explain the difference of wearing hijab and covering your aurat (for the girls).

I'd like to ask you, do you remember what we've learnt in school?

What is the aurat for a woman with her ajnabi or with her non-mahram?

Wait, what is ajnabi and mahram? :\

Mahram is for woman is basically her dad, mom, siblings, kids, husband. You know, when she touches them her wuduk is still 'valid'.

Non-mahram is every other people besides the mahram.

Non-mahram is called ajnabi. It's the same thing. :)

So, yeah. What is the aurat for a woman with her ajnabi or her non-mahram?

Every parts of her body except for face and 2 hands -- that is from her wrist to her fingers.

So, wearing only hijab without covering all other aurat, does not means you have covered your aurat. I know there's a lot of cases where the hijab girls wear sandals and their feet got exposed. So, you know what that is. They did wear hijab but they didn't cover all their aurat yet.

There was a point where I thought covering aurat is just covering your hair. This is WRONG.

A woman's aurat is everything except her face and her 2 hands.

Let me ask you, why did we wear telekung to pray? Because it covers everything, except our face. Our hands doesn't need to cover but if it does, why not? So, when you pray and your hand is exposed, it is alright, as long it doesn't expose more than the wrist part.

Yes, there was a point where I thought we need to cover our ALL our hands during prayers. No, we don't. If the wrist part till the fingers got exposed, it's okay. Why? Because when we pray we need to cover our aurat, and woman's aurat is every parts of her body except for face and 2 hands.

Please remember that Allah ask us to cover our aurat, not just to wear hijab.

A friend asked me, why did woman wears hijab?

Well, they might wear for many reasons. Parents, friends, university rules, just because, etc.

I can't tell you exactly why they do that, you gotta ask that person personally.

Maybe I can tell you why woman needs to cover themselves.

Covering aurat is defined like covering your shame. Why bother to wear clothes at all? You wanna cover yourself so you won't feel ashamed right? It's the same thing.

It is also for your own protection. I'm pretty sure a man can get turn on easily with woman who doesn't cover her aurat, right? Plus, man has very interesting imagination. Even with a slight glance on a woman's aurat he can fantasize about things -- which is a sin. So, by covering your aurat you can prevent other people from sinning. It also can prevents from fitnah to happen.

Above all, Allah ask us to cover ourselves, it's part of Islam and He'll loves us if we do so. Isn't that enough? :)
"You're wrong, hijab women are more prone to danger. All the victims of acid man are hijab women."
Don't tell me we gotta stop wearing hijab to be safe. Who tells you that? If the world's gonna end in 2012, it will if Allah wants to.

Every thing happens for a reason. You wouldn't know, maybe one of the acid man victim is mean to her mother. I'm just saying. I don't know. Allah is all-Knowing.
"Not every hijab woman are holy! Look at me, I'm free haired and I pray everyday."
So it might be true. At least she tried to be one, by wearing hijab. That's a start. And you, you started with praying. That's good.
"It's too hot here. Are you crazy?! How am I suppose to cover myself?"
Like a vlogger said, even if you wear skimpy clothes and short pants, you'd still feel the warmth and hot air. What is the difference then? Just remember that, no matter how hot the weather is, think about how hot Hell is.
"I can't do it, I haven't gotten any 'hidayah' yet."
Hidayah is everywhere. Allah is all-Giving, He puts hidayah everywhere. You gotta search for it. I mean, when you're thirsty you don't wait for the water to come to you right? You gotta look for water. If you truly seek for hidayah, insyaAllah you'll found it.

You don't have to be an ustazah to wear a long hijab. It's cliche to think that only ustazah do so. There's a case where an English teacher is mistaken as ustazah by a primary school children, just because she wore a long hijab.

Who says only ustazahs are going to heaven? All of us are entitled to heaven, insyaAllah as long we do the things that are Allah loves.

InsyaAllah, if we seek for His love, He'll loves us too.

:)

1 comment:

citra said...

thanks for sharing dear,love your post.
would u mind if I share this post in my blog? I will translate it to Bahasa. thanks..^^