Most Viewed

Suitcase, A Scarf and The Departure

In The Name Of Allah, The Most Beneficent, The Most Merciful.

Just in a blink of an eye, 66 days came to an end. My summer holidays has officially ended. This time I wasn't sure what to pack to Russia so I just bought things and gathered them around. One day before my flight I packed my bag in 15 minutes. Yes. 15 minutes. It's possible, when you already have a mental check of what to put in the luggage I supposed. I'd be lying if I say I wasn't feeling a little proud of myself. I have always hated packing and unpacking stuff so 15 minutes is a gold record.

The night before leaving we had sushi for dinner. It was nice to have a treat from my brother and his wife before going back. I love some family time, regardless which restaurant we went to or what we do. We rushed back home just to catch the final football match for SEA games. I can't remember when was the last time all of us gathered and it's almost impossible to do so nowadays when every one of us has their own commitment in life. It really makes me feel sad that I didn't really appreciate the time we spent when we were whole. It also made me realised that I am actually sentimental towards this kind of thing but I locked up this part of me for I don't know what reason. While writing this, I feel a little homesick and that, my friend, is something unusual because a) not even week has passed since I left and b) I can count on my one hand on how many times I get homesick since 2009. I guess being in the quarter life zone changes your views and emotions, eh?

I wrote about dwelling and living in the past and trying to move on my previous post and I'd like to say that there has been some progress. It's super slow but hey, at least I'm on the move. A couple of years before I've been questioning who I am because I can't seem to know the answer. It feels weird and scary not knowing who yourself are. I did found some cliche answers but it didn't feel like it answered my question. I can't describe myself well. I don't know what to say about myself. I tried talking to one of my friend about this and I've been dismissed. I never speak about it to anyone ever again. So I'd like to do some self searching and try to get to know myself more. Make mental note on them. :)

I believe 3 semesters will be a blink of an eye as well. I hope I'll make most of it, improve on few things in life, and most importantly, be grateful as ever.



No comments: